Internet Privacy and Cookies Policy
At Great Danes we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors. We attach great importance to your privacy and we will therefore treat these personal details confidentially and carefully. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use any personal information that we may obtain from you.Personal data is processed in accordance with the legal provisions such as the Data Protection Act and, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR).
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Applicability of privacy statement
Great Danes is responsible within the meaning of the Data Protection Act and – with effect from 25 May 2018 – the General Data Protection Regulation. This privacy statement provides information about the collection and processing of personal data by or on behalf of Great Danes. Great Danes and Associates is known under Companies House company number 9028747. Great Danes can be reached on the email address: email@example.comHow do we collect personal data?
Great Danes can receive information from you in the following ways:
* Directly from you: for example, by entering into an agreement with us, if you contact us by email, telephone or in writing, you place an order with us in store or online, register for activities or subscribe to our newsletter.
* Through third parties: we may use the services of third parties. These third parties then act on behalf of Great Danes.
Great Danes may process personal data about you because you use the services of Great Danes and/or because you provide it to Great Danes yourself when you fill in a contact form on the website. Great Danes can process the following personal data:
* Contact details, including name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, social media account(s) and any login details that you provided.
* We do not save payment and invoice details if you make a payment via a third party. If you provide this information yourself to us in another way, for example, in writing or by email, it could be that it is stored.
* Website details – such as IP address, traffic and location data and information about the use of our website and digital newsletters.
* Information that you submit when you apply for a job with us, such as your CV and any related information.
Great Danes uses personal data obtained in the first instance to carry out the agreement that we conclude with the customer in the context of offering products and services on our website, and in our shop, and for internal administration. More specifically, we ask you to share your personal data with us for the following purposes:
* For the benefit of entering into, maintaining and improving the contractual relationship with its (potential) customers, or for improving the services and products.
* For the application and implementation of legal obligations.
* To make analyses regarding purchasing and visiting behaviour on the website and our physical shop and comparing this with other (similar) shops with which we have active or passive cooperation.
* To provide your personal promotions, offers, tips and information by email and/or post.
* To provide purchase related information such as user guides, usage tips, information, warranty certificates, purchase receipts and related products.
* To send promotions on the birthday of (potential) customers.
Great Danes may send newsletters by email. If you no longer wish to receive a newsletter, you can use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter. Personal data is not used for purposes other than those described above.
Great Danes may share your personal data with companies affiliated with Great Danes, its clients, subcontractors (such as processors) who provide services on behalf of us or carry out assignments, suppliers, government agencies and other business contacts. Great Danes may be required to provide your details due to a statutory obligation on Great Danes and/or following requests from authorities. Great Danes has taken the necessary organisational and contractual measures to ensure that personal data is processed and protected in line with European legislationWhat cookies do we place?
* the IP address of the visitor;
* the date and time of the visit;
* the URL of the referring site (the site from which the visitor originates);
* the pages visited on our website;
* information about the browser used (type and version, operating system, etc.).
We use technical information and cookies to facilitate your visit on the website and to optimise the performance and user experience of the website. Cookies can be placed both by Great Danes itself and by other parties with whom Great Danes cooperates.Below is an overview of the types of cookies that are placed through the Great Danes website:
Great Danes places cookies that are necessary for the website to function properly and to provide a requested service. These cookies are used to save certain user and preferred settings, to save any log in data and to optimise the user-friendliness of the website.
Great Danes uses analytical cookies, such as the Google Analytics cookies, which collect information about the use of the website. These capture, among other things, the number of website visitors, the visited pages and the duration of their stay. The collected data is used to improve the service and optimise the content of the website to the wishes and needs of the users. Great Danes has concluded a processor agreement with Google for the use of Google Analytics. This agreement ensures that the Google Analytics cookies have been set in the most privacy friendly way. Great Danes has not given Google permission to use information obtained through Great Danes for other Google services.
Tracking or advertising cookies
Tracking cookies are cookies that collect data about the (internet) behaviour of the website user. These tracking cookies are used to enable the user to make optimal use of our website. For example, these cookies are used to record information about the visit so that relevant information can be used for the convenience of the user on a subsequent visit, for example by filling in forms or offering ads that match the (search) profile of the user.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features and services on our and other websites may not function properly if cookies are disabled in your browser.
Great Danes does not store your data longer than necessary for the implementation of the agreements and in any case no longer than 24 months after the agreement has been terminated, unless this is necessary to comply with a statutory obligation for retention. The termination of an agreement in this case means the cancellation of a customer loyalty card or the unsubscribing of a newsletter.
If you wish to have your data removed in full, you can submit a request for this (see below).
What are your rights?
You must ensure that Great Danes has the correct personal data. You can object to the use of certain data by Great Danes, or request your data for inspection, correction and/or removal of your (personal) data in writing to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon written request, any corrections made by you will be processed. Great Danes will respond to your request as quickly as possible, but within four weeks. Complaints about the use of personal data can be directed to Great Danes or to the legally competent institution in our country.
How do we secure your personal data?
Great Danes takes the protection of personal data very seriously and takes appropriate physical, administrative, organisational and technical measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification.
Should you still have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, or if you would like more information about the security of your personal data, please contact Great Danes on email@example.com.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy and Cookies.If you have any questions, comments or complaints in response to this privacy statement or about the way Great Danes handles your personal data, you can contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org